Broken Ignition key San Jose
If your car key gets stuck in the ignition, you certainly don’t expect it to happen. But if it does, it’s certainly frustrating. If your vehicle’s key is stuck in the ignition, and it’s just not budging. Then you aren’t going anywhere. Still, don’t let yourself get stressed out over it
There are a number of typical reasons why you’re in this predicament:
- Maybe your car isn’t in park. Even if your gearshift lever looks like it’s in park. Your car’s shift lock solenoid, or another crucial mechanism, may require replacement.
- Your battery may be dead. With most cars nowadays, if your battery dies, your car key won’t come out of the ignition.
- There may be a cable loose, either inside your dash or behind the ignition. It will probably need to be replace.
- Your wheel lock cylinder is simply worn out, and you’ll need a new one to be install.
- The column lock mechanism (an anti-theft device) is failing, which won’t allow you to remove your car key.
- The transmission may be malfunctioning, not allowing itself to be put into park. Perhaps cycling the transmission a few times will make it possible to pull the key out.
- A sensor in the transmission is failing. Not transmitting the proper signal to the column lock, keeping the car key stuck inside.
- The car key itself may be bent or otherwise damaged.
- There may be some type of substance on the key, which is catching on the inside of the ignition lock.
- There may be damage internally. A tumbler may bind inside the ignition, so the springs are unable to push it back out.
- Did you force the key into the lock? It may be sitting inside the mechanism at the wrong angle, preventing the key’s removal.
- Did you actually insert the wrong key into the ignition cylinder? You may’ve thought it was the right one, but now your key can’t be extract.
- Don’t despair. These are some likely possibilities. But there are still simple things you can try to get yourself out of trouble.
Call The 5 Star Locksmith For Your Help
If so, then don’t waste another minute allowing yourself to go into a panic over your lousy circumstances. Just accept the fact that it’s time to hire a professional. Who possesses the expertise required to thoroughly inspect your vehicle’s ignition switch. Or gearshift lever, battery, and so forth. To properly determine the actual cause; and to bring you exactly the right solution.
If you’re stranded anywhere in San Jose. You may want to choose 5 Star Locksmith . Whose mobile automotive locksmith specialists staff on work. Always at the ready to come to your rescue if you’re in a jam.
In the meantime, until help arrives:
Use a spare key to manually lock your vehicle to keep it secure.
If you can, make sure your stuck key at least stays in the lock position, so you can avoid running down the battery.